Target: Health care professionals providing care to newborns in a hospital setting.
*Course begins promptly at 8:00 am.
The S.T.A.B.L.E. Program is designed for the period following resuscitation of the newborn until care i transferred to the transport team. Based on a mnemonic device that optimizes retention and recall of informaiton, S.T.A.B.L.E. stands for assessment and care related to: Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blook pressure, Lab work , and Emotional support.
- Identify neonates at risk to become hypoglycemic and initial steps to treat hypoglycemia
- Describe the normal response to cold stress and at least one of the detrimental effects of hypothermia
- Recognize at least one and cause of neonatal respiratory distress and/or failure
- Describe at least two signs of neonatal sepsis
- Discuss emotions that parents may experience when their newborn requires transport
Successful completion of the S.T.A.B.L.E. Program requires the following:
Prior to the program
- Complete the Pre-test
- Study the S.T.A.B.L.E. Learner Manual
Day of program
- Bring the S.T.A.B.L.E. Learner Manual and your pre-test pages with your answers marked on them
- Bring a calculator
- Obtain a 75% on the Post-Text Mixed Module
Contiuning Nursing Education:
7.75 contact hours will be awarded for this program by Central Jersey Family Health Consortium (CJFHC)
CJFHC is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Provider number P92-9/17-17. Provider approval is valid through September 30, 2020.
Disclosures: There is no commerial support for this continuing nursing education activity. None of the planners or speakers have any conflicts of interest to disclose. Disclosure forms are required and they are reviewed for any issues. Speakers are reuired to present balanced and unbiased presentations. The presentation content has been reviewed and any bias has been eliminated.
Registration Information: Registration deadline is November 15, 2018.
Registration fee includes course materials, continental breakfast and lunch.
CJFHC cannot provide full refunds $20 can be returned if the cancellation request is made after materials are shipped to you and at least 7 days prior to the program. No refunds provided if less than 7 days before the program.
Click here for course flyer.
For more information, please contact Fran LoRaso at 732-937-5437.
For directions go to www.cjfhc.org : do not use directions from GPS, MapQuest or Google.