Intermediate Instructor Course is a one‐day classroom train‐the trainer program that expands upon the principles of adult learning, teaching strategies specific to the Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course, and information about the administrative and operational aspects of the course. Included within the program are opportunities to present sections of the Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course as a micro‐teach exercise and scenarios of difficult educational situations that may occur when teaching the course.
- Explain the principles of the adult learning process;
- Describe the principles of the teaching process;
- Differentiate teaching approaches and instructional methods (i.e., lecture, small group discussion, skill stations, and audio visual aids);
- Demonstrate skill in using the Instructor Guide to teach the Intermediate Course;
- Identify learning methodologies included in the Intermediate Course;
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct the skill station for auscultation or integration of knowledge and skills in the Intermediate Course;
- Describe an external environment that promotes motivation to learn.
Minimum requirements to participate in this training include:
- Current AWHONN membership;
- Successful completion of the current Intermediate Course within 3 years of the Intermediate Instructor Course;
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in fetal monitoring;
- Current clinical involvement in fetal heart monitoring as a staff nurse, physician, manager, clinical nurse specialist, or educator;
- Current responsibility for the evaluation of clinical skills of others in fetal heart monitoring;
- Ongoing professional development in intrapartum, antepartum, high risk care and fetal heart monitoring.
- "Fetal Hearat Monitoring Principles and Practices " (Fifth Edition) textbook. (Please note this book is new and not included in the registration fee; you must order separately.)
Continuing Education Credits:
8.0 contact hours will be awarded by AWHONN.
AWHONN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credential Center Commission on Accreditation.
AWHONN also holds California and Alabama BRN numbers: California CNE, provider # CEP580 and Alabama # ABNP0058.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by AWHONN or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or discussed in conjunction with an activity.
Registration Deadline: May 12, 2017.
Registration fee includes course materials, continental breakfast and lunch. It does not include the "Fetal Heart Monitoring Principles and Practices" (fifth edition) text book. If you do not have the fifth edition text, you will need to purchase it.
For more information, please contact Fran Lo Raso at 732-937-5437.