Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics® (ALSO) Provider Course
ALSO® Provider Course
An educational program designed to enhance cognitive and procedural skills of health care professionals to help them manage obsttrical emergencies. This course is directed primarily toward maternity care providers including physicians, nurses, and certified nurse midwives.
Overall Course Objectives:
- Discuss methods of managing pregnancy and birth urgencies and mergencies, which standardizes the skills of practicing maternity care providers.
- Demonstrate content and skill acquisition as evidenced by successful completion of online course examination, skills workstations, and group testing stations.Discuss the importance of utilizing regional maternity care services and identify possible barriers which might limit access.
Detailed educational objectives are listed at the beginning of each ALSO Provider Manual chapter.
Registration deadline is August 30, 2018.
If you have any questions, please call Frances LoRaso at 732-937-5437 ext. 110.
Class size is limited.
Course fee includes continental breakfast, lunch and ALSO Blended Course Classroom Learner Online Content & Provider Manual PDF Download. You may purchase the ALSO Provider Manual hard copy for an additional fee.
Click here for full brochure.
CME & CNE Information
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). Determination of credit is pending.
All participants will receive the AAFP prescribed credits once it is approved.
The American Academy of Family Physicians is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Borad of Nursing. This course offering is approved for ____ contact hours applicable for APRN, RN, LPN, or LMHT relicensure. Kansas State Board of Nursing Provider; LT0278-0312, This is an advanced level course and my not be suitable for all general continuing nursing education.
Maintenance of Certifiation (MOC)
The American Board of Obstetrics and Gyneclology (ABOG) MOC standards now allow participation in ABOG-approved Simulation Courses to meet the annual Improvement in Medical Practice (Part IV) MOC requirement. This course has been approved to meet ABOG Improvement in Medical Practice requirements for 2016-2018. Please review the 2016 MOC Bulletin at www.abog.org/bulletins/MOC2016pdf for further information.
- $190.00 - Member Hospital *
- $350.00 - All Others
- $50.00 ALSO Provider Manual hard copy (If purchased, you will receive it at the course.)
- $50.00 ALSO Provider Manual flash drive (If purchased, you will receive it at the course.)
No refunds - after link has been emailed to the registrant.