The Advanced FHM Course is a one-day workshop focusing on the application of advanced fetal heart monitoring knowledge and skills in intrapartum nursing practice. The content presented in the workshop builds upon the essential knowledge and skills gained through the Intermediate Course.
This course uses a case study approach focusing on analysis of complicated FHM characteristics/patterns and related case information, and emphasizes:
- Underlying maternal-fetal physiology
- Verbal and written communication skills
Expected Level of the Learner
It is expected that the participant already have basic knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Maternal physiologic changes of pregnancy
- Fetal growth and development
- Methods of fetal monitoring
- Preparation of patient for set-up and initiation of external or internal fetal monitoring components
- Obtaining and maintaining tracings that document fetal heart rate and uterine contractions
- Interpretation of uterine contraction frequency, duration, and baseline resting tone
- Identification of the baseline fetal heart rate, variability and deviations
- Indicated clinical interventions
- Communication and documentation strategies
Continuing Education Credit
Successful completion of written examinations and performance of skills evaluations are requirements for completing the program and earning continuing education credit. Participants who attend the full workshop earn 8.0 contact hours for continuing nursing education or 6.0 contact hours for continuing medical education. Please note: Before taking the Advanced Fetal Monitoring Course you will need to ask your manager if you are required to take the post course test. This test is on line through AWHONN. All participants will be provided with instructions on how to print a certificate. If you decline the test, you will not have the opetion to change your selection.
AWHONN is accredited as a provider of continuing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Commission on Accreditation. AWHONN holds a California CNE Provider # CEP 00580, Florida BON # 50-4759 and Alabama #ABNP 0058.
Due to program format, space is limited. Preregistration is required. The program fee includes: continental breakfast, lunch, nursing contact hours, and participant packet.
CJFHC reserves the right to cancel the program should there be an insuficient number of participants.
Registration deadline: November 27, 2017
Click here for full brochure details.
In order to facilitate successful completion of the Advanced Course, participants are expected to review the required textbook: Fetal Heart Monitoring Principles and Practices, FIFTH Edition. Note: the new edition of this required textbook is not included in the course fee and may be purchased separately (see registration form).
Parking and Directions
Directions will be sent with your confirmation. Please do not park in reserved spots.
For more information:
Please call Fran Lo Raso at 732-937-5437 or click here to email.