Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics® (ALSO) Provider Course
ALSO® Provider Course
Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) is an evidenced-based, interprofessional, and multidisciplinary training program that equips the entire maternity care team with skills to effectively manage obstetric emergencies. This comprehensive course encourages a standardized team-based approach amongst physicians, residents, nurse midwives, registered nurses and other members of the maternity care team to improve patient safety and positively impact maternal outcomes.
Overall Course Objectives:
- Discuss methods of managing pregnancy and birth urgencies and emergencies, which standardizes the skills of practicing maternity care providers.
- Demonstrate content and skill acquisition as evidenced by successful completion of online course examination, skills workstations, and group testing stations.
Detailed educational objectives are listed at the beginning of each ALSO Provider Manual chapter.
COURSE PRE-WORK: Registrants will be provided an email with a link to the Online Portion of the ALSO Provider Course. Content consists of a pre-test; recorded lectures; online case studies; recorded workstation demonstrations; post-test course evaluaion. Upon completion of the ealuation the learners must Claim Credit to show as 'Complete' in the Sponsor's Course Dashboard and to qualify to attend the live course.
AFTER THE COURSE: Upon successful completion of the live course, the ALSO Course Sponsor is resonsible for providing post-course documentation to the ALSO program within 2 weeks. After the Course Sponsor has sumitted all required post-course documentation, learners will be e-mailed letters of participation by the AAFP. For those who successfully complete both the online and live portion of the course, wallet cards will be additionally included at the bottom of the e-mailed live course letter of participation.
Registration deadline is April 10, 2020.
If you have any questions, please call Frances LoRaso at 732-937-5437 ext. 110.
Class size is limited.
Course fee includes continental breakfast, lunch and ALSO Blended Course Classroom Learner Online Content & Provider Manual PDF Download. You may purchase the ALSO Provider Manual hard copy for an additional fee.
Click here for full brochure.
CME & CNE Information
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). Determination of credit is pending.
The American Academy of Family Physicians is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Borad of Nursing. The online portion of the course is approved for 10.81 contact hours applicable for APRN, RN, LPN, or LMHT licensure. Kansas State Board of Nrsing Provider Number: LT0278-0312. This is an advanced level course and may not be suitable for all general continuing nursing education.
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the following organizations/physician licensing boards. This acceptance is confirmed each ear, though no written agreement exists. Participants should contact these organizations directly to find out how to report credit:
- America Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- National Commision on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB)
- American Assiciation of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM)
- American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM)
- American Board of Preventative Medicine (ABPM)
Maintenance of Certifiation (MOC)
The American Board of Obstetrics and Gyneclology (ABOG) MOC standards now allow participation in ABOG-approved Simulation Courses to meet the annual Improvement in Medical Practice (Part IV) MOC requirement. This course has been approved to meet ABOG Improvement in Medical Practice requirements for 2016-2018. Please review the 2016 MOC Bulletin at www.abog.org/bulletins/MOC2016pdf for further information.
- $225.00 - CJFHC Member Hospital *
- $350.00 - All Others
- $50.00 ALSO Provider Manual hard copy (If purchased, you will receive it at the course.)
- $50.00 ALSO Provider Manual flash drive (If purchased, you will receive it at the course.)
No refunds - after link has been emailed to the registrant.