Perinatal Addiction Prevention Project
The statewide Perinatal Addictions Prevention Project provides education for professionals and consumers regarding substance use before, during, after pregnancy and while breastfeeding. Education focuses on prevention and risk reduction to improve the health of women, children and their families.
Current literature regarding research, current trends, legal matters are regularly distributed throughout the central region to addiction, prenatal, judicial and many other professionals working with women of child bearing years. This service has been established to address and coordinate perinatal addiction services and provide updated education.
In addition, a statewide task force for Fetal Alcohol Spectrums Disorders has been established. Concerns, barriers to care, solutions, coordination of services, and current education are addressed and disseminated throughout the state. A state guide for families has been constructed to help navigate the maze of the many services needed to help children or adults with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
The Perinatal Addiction Prevention Project (PAPP) also offers a four – week smoking cessation curriculum for women of child bearing years. The content is supportive and didactic. In conjunction with the consumer groups, Nicotine Replacement Therapies (NRTs) will be prescribed as needed by qualified health care professionals.
PAPP also promotes the use of a prenatal screening tool, called 4Ps Plus, for alcohol, tobacco, other drug use and domestic violence. The tool also offers appropriate intervention to address these maternal and fetal risk factors.
- CJFHC PAP Speaker Topics
- CJFHC Perinatal Addictions Program Services
- Domestic Violence Signs
- FASD Family Guide 2019
- Perinatal Addiction Resource Guide
- Plans of Safe Care Brochure
- Statewide Directory for Women Affected by Substance Use
- Helping Professionals Understand & Navigate FASD Webinar
Resources and Webinars Available to Professionals
- View the PSAs created by the New Jersey Coalition Against Human Trafficking (NJCAHT): Sex Trafficking PSA and Labor Trafficking Here and Beyond PSA
- Visit NJ Prevention Hub for a statewide system of provider agencies that serve as local connectors to substance use prevention programs and resources available in each county.
- Police warn Parents after Edibles Disguised as Every Day Snack Confiscated from Burlington County Teen
- Animal Tranquilizer Found in Increasing Number of Screenings
- Join A Partnership for Change for their upcoming Intimate Partner Violence Advocate Certification Program
- American Academy of Pediatrics study shows a 1375% increase in number of children who accidentally ingested marijuana edibles. Read that study here
- FDA Approves Narcan for Over-The-Counter Use
- State's Poison Center Data Shows Suicide Attempts are High in Teens. Read their Advisory Here!
- Take a Look at the Latest Facts and Statistics about Alcohol from the National Institute On Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.
Virtual Open Forum for Providers
Join us for the Perinatal Addictions Project Virtual Open Forum, where healthcare providers can engage in a crucial dialogue about perinatal substance abuse services. This informative forum offers a platform for providers to ask questions, share insights, and foster collaboration in addressing the complex issue of substance abuse during pregnancy and the perinatal period.
Our panel of experts will be on hand to address your questions and concerns, covering a range of topics from screening and diagnosis to treatment options, harm reduction, and the importance of a compassionate, non-judgmental approach. By participating in this open forum, you can expand your knowledge, network with peers, and ultimately contribute to improving the care and outcomes for mothers and their babies.